Monday, June 18, 2012

Mudroom bench

I've been trying to figure out what to do in the mudroom for a while now.  At one time I liked the cubbies that you see in a lot of mudrooms but then I saw too many of those and decided against that. 

Something a little less cluttered than the image below is what I have in my head.

We found the bench below at the Pottery Barn Outlet and I think it will be the perfect piece to work around.  
It's the Terra Bench from West Elm and the one we got is longer than the one pictured (ours is 72").  I didn't know there was a cushion available to go with it but I grabbed one at the store that was marked $35 and am going to try to make a slipcover for it.  It's about 3 inches too long but real thin so I think it's going to work just fine.  And the one that's pictured with it is $100.

It reminds me of a very modern church pew! I like the straight lines, but I may paint it.  We didn't pay a lot for it so it won't bother me to do a little work to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment