Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pouring the footings

Brad's working at Baxter today and tomorrow which turned out to be perfect timing.  They started pouring the footings today.  I wanted to be out there to get some pics of them actually doing it but I stopped by Shay's to look at appliances and that took two and a half hours!  By the time I got back out to Coppercreek, they were finished.  

The giant pump truck drove all the way from Jonesboro for about two hours of work.  It was still there when I got there, but I didn't get a pic of it.  But it resembled the one below (which is just a random pic I found online).


The small square in the bottom left is going to be the safe room in the basement and part of our bathroom on the main level. (I'm standing at the front left corner of the house.)

 The long rectangle is the mechanical room in the basement and the long part of the front porch on the main floor.  The mechanical room will be "safe" also since the porch is concrete.  (I'm standing at the front right corner in this one.)

From the safe room front corner.  I like the waves in the concrete.

I'm not completely sure what's going on here.  I thought I heard Paul say this was the footing for the retaining wall but I think the kitchen, office, laundry room and sunroom will all basically be to the left of this long wall.

At first, I thought the master suite was going to be the part that wasn't on top of the basement.  But now I think its the kitchen side that isn't.

I think the pic above is a good representation of how the house sets in relation to the road.



This is looking through the woods at where the back patio/porches will be when the house is finished.

I'm NOT getting my hopes up, but Paul said today that he expects to be finishing close to July.  And here I've had my fingers crossed that we'd just be in it by Christmas next year!

The poor driveway....this is what it looked like after the pump truck came and left.  He has to come back another day so no telling what it will look like after that.  AND they cut down several branches so that it could get through the trees.  I really wanted to go gather them up because it looks ratty with them all over but I decided against it.  I wasn't dressed for it and with the driveway looking so bad, who cares about the limbs?  I'm afraid its going to look a lot worse than this by the time its all said and done.  We're probably going to be back to parking the car at the end and walking or taking the truck for a while.

NEW BOOTS!  Its really muddy out there so Brad suggested that I go buy a pair of cheap rubber boots so that I didn't ruin my shoes/jeans.  I'm glad he's so smart!  These were well worth the $15 I spent on them at WalMart (I'm glad I can wear boys sizes-they're cheaper).

No comments:

Post a Comment