Saturday, March 10, 2012

Exterior inspiration - The Cedar Ridge

I should have posted this a long time ago.  Brad and I have looked at the photo below about ten thousand times on dongardner.com and it would have been nice to have it here.
We took this image to the architect, the engineer, and the builder we are using now and told them that this is what we want to see when we pull up to our house....with three major changes.  We will paint the brick, we will have rock in certain areas,  and our garage doors will be in the back so we won't see the doors when we pull up.  I wanted the garage doors facing the front like this one, but our development will not allow front facing garages.  Now that they're switched, I think I like it better anyway.  Another minor change is that the truss above the front steps will not have that curve to it.

We haven't completely decided on the colors for the exterior yet, but I think we are leaning towards a combination of gray and rich-colored wood for the posts, truss, and front door.  I wish we could see that combination somewhere so it would be easier to decide.  The easy route and back-up plan will be shades of tan.

When we first looked at this plan in a magazine, we liked some parts of the floor plan but didn't really like others.  After all of the re-drawings, our final floor plan of the main level turned out very similar to this one.  But we didn't like the basement floor plan at all so ours is completely different.

We've changed our minds on almost everything so far during this process, but we still love the exterior of this house so I think we'll be very happy with it!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! This is my house. I tried to send an updated picture. I couldn’t attach it. Yard looks pretty rough. Hope you are enjoying your house and much as we are ours. I think yours may have a pool, so you might be enjoying it more. Haha! IMG_5361.HEIC.jpeg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! We do love our house but we don't have a pool. We are in AR so it would be nice if we did! I couldn't see the photo you attached. If you are comfortable emailing it, you can send it to dlawrenceschulz@gmail.com. I would love to see it. Thank you so much for reaching out, you have fabulous taste! HA!

      Delete