Monday, June 24, 2013

Shutters

We got the shutters finished and hung recently.  I think the builder was going to show us some vinyl ones and those would have been great as far as being weather resistant but it wasn't really the look we wanted.  He never brought them for us to look at so we decided Brad could build them.

We never even thought about having shutters, but the garage windows especially needed something.  I really like the difference they made.

You can see our parking pad here too.  I think once the driveway is finished (should be this week) people will start to use it.  Up to this point, we have had to tell everyone to pull up around back.  It will be nice to have people come through the front door.

Brad and I are both kind of weird when it comes to shutters.  Brad just doesn't really like them and I think they must be functional.  As in, I want to be able to close them if the need arose.  We live in Arkansas so I'm not sure what that need would be but I didn't want to just screw these to the house for decorative purposes.  I was also insistent that they needed to be the correct width.  If they're going to close, there doesn't need to be a gap between them so these are each half the size of the windows.   We ordered the hardware from Signature Hardware and were really pleased with the quality and service.

So, here is a before and after:
The grass and parking pad help a lot too!  They laid the rest of the sod in the front and you can tell where the new grass is, it's just not as green yet.  We are watering it like crazy so it should green up quickly as hot as it's been.

Unfortunately, just as we finish one project, another is waiting on us.  Landscaping is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment