Monday, May 20, 2013

Getting grass!

Brad and I are crazy yard people so not having grass was killing us!  Besides being ugly, everything stayed so dirty so it was way beyond time for a yard.  

I really wanted grass on the ground the day they started working, but it took about a week to get the sprinkler system finished.  I think a good part of that time was spent getting all of the rocks out of the way.  Sheesh...I hate the rocks!


They got it super smooth and then added a layer of topsoil.

We got a semi-load of sod and it was almost enough.  They're coming back next week to start on the backyard so they'll bring a couple extra pallets to finish the front then.  
It looks SO much better.  We still have to wait a couple more weeks before we can mow.  I'm sure it will be blazing hot by that time.  I really only like to mow in the spring but I guess you should be careful what you wish for.

In this photo they hadn't finished laying all the sod so it actually fills in most of the dirt you see.

Since our garage is in the back, we had to make a parking pad out front for visitors (which has not been poured yet) so that is where this path goes.



A few of the front windows really need shutters.  I like the real wood ones but all of them we found online were pretty expensive so Brad built them.  The hardware is ordered and I can't wait for their arrival so we can get them hung.

No comments:

Post a Comment