Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Jackpot

We went to the Pottery Barn outlet yesterday and got some of the best bargains we've ever gotten!

I knew I wanted a king size bed for the big guest bedroom but didn't really know what I wanted. I had thought about an iron bed because I don't want wood.  I didn't even have a bed on my mind when we decided to go but Brad found the Mendocino king size stuck way in the back for an AWESOME price.  We both really liked it and the price was even better.  We got it for 80% off and it is in perfect condition.

The online description is "An heirloom-quality piece that can be passed on from 
generation to generation, the Mendocino bed is constructed completely by hand."  Sounds good to me!


One thing I did have on my mind was the Calais chair that I mentioned in this post.  On my second walk through, I saw it!  It was also in perfect condition and I got it for right at 83% off!!!  

We were in the car which really doesn't have room for anything, but we shoved it in the back seat and it was fine.




I also got a white coverlet for our bed for pretty cheap and some cute Halloween plates, along with a lot of other stuff that isn't even worth mentioning but we had to have.  It was definitely worth the drive over there.  And the drive back to pick up the bed! (If I'm being honest, I would say it almost wasn't worth the drive back!)  It feels good to mark some things off the list of needs especially when we spent a fraction of what we budgeted for.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for picking up that awesome bed for my bedroom!! ;)

    ReplyDelete