Thursday, February 9, 2012

Footprint

We can now see the footprint of the entire house.  
The foundation for the sunroom, kitchen, pantry, mudroom and laundry room is done.  The basement isn't under any of those rooms.

Front of the house minus the garage and breezeway.

The breezeway.  I'm standing in the garage looking at the breezeway.  The blocks are about waist high now but that is the level the floor will be when its finished.  In some of the previous drawings the breezeway was going to be quite a bit longer but I think I'm really going to like the size of it now.  There will be a porch on the back of it with a door to the outside.  Its going to be the only access to the backyard from the main level.  The big back patio off the living room and dining room will not have ground access so the porch off the breezeway will get lots of use.  If I can't make Spatz into a complete indoor cat, this is where she will come and go, I hope.

The back of the house from the garage side.  The garage doors will be back here so this is kind of the front of the garage.  Brad really wanted the garage doors to be at the back of the house but I didn't really care.  Now I love the idea!

The foundation for the sunroom is to the left.  Its going to be quite a ways off the ground so Paul is going to make a small storage room under it.
We'll be happy to get those two doors put up so we can lock things in the safe rooms instead of hauling it all back and forth.

No changing the bathrooms and bar now.  The plumbing is in place. 

The four squares of concrete on the ground are the foundation for the main level porch posts.

I found this device in the creek with a hose leading up to the house.  I wish we had one of these so I could burn some brush piles and feel safe about it.

Paul wants to wait a couple weeks to fix the driveway.  So I guess we'll be bringing the truck for a while.  We had to drive my car into the field to get around this and it isn't really made for that kind of thing.  You can see to the right of the drive way where they had to dig a four foot trench from the road to the new green box mentioned here.


The huge mess of mud and rocks and blocks and string and boards and plastic and Skoal cans and whatever else is up around the house is driving me a little crazy.  But the driveway looking like this just kills me.  It looked so good this summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment