Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Air conditioner, floors, and doors

We have air conditioners!  

The wood is on the floor and, you can't really tell it here, but they finally put the step between the kitchen and dining/living room.  
The tile is down.
And they started staining the basement floor.  It looks better in pictures than in person.....

All of the interior doors are installed.  They still need to be painted, but we really like them.  I had a hard time picking the interior doors and these are not the ones I initially wanted.  But the ones I wanted were like $600 per door so we had to find something else.  I just knew I didn't want a raised panel door and that is really about all we could find and they were the most inexpensive (of course!).  So this is what we ended up with.  We were afraid they would look too country, but we don't think they do.  And keeping with the theme of the rest of the house, they're just pretty plain.  :)
The brick layers are moving along at a decent rate.  Maybe it won't take two months after all!  I like brick and think it looks great!  Brad doesn't like brick and I think he just wants to get some paint on it!  HA!!  But that will be awhile.


I feel sorry for them having to build and move all of this scaffolding.  I can't imagine how hot they must get.  

All of these pictures are from about 2 weeks ago.  I was up there this past weekend but didn't take any pictures.  I think I'm getting bored with it!  HA!   Actually I forgot my camera at the hotel the last day I was there and I didn't want to go back to get it.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your doors and the floors downstairs.

    ReplyDelete