Thursday, April 12, 2012

Roof

We have a roof!  Or at least a partial one.  

Its just on the front side right now.



This is the dining area and kitchen.  Its nice to have an idea of how that ceiling is going to look in there.  I'm not a huge fan of really tall ceilings so I've been curious to see this.  I like it...its not that tall really.

The bonus room above the garage.

This picture was taken from the bonus room.  We have LOTS of attic space.  Paul is putting the furnace up there and I'm not sure what else he said but there is so much room up there that I think Brad told him to make it to where we could make a room up there if we ever needed extra space.  

We had no idea the attic would be so big.  We could have easily had a second story.  But we don't really need the space.

The trees have gotten so full and green since the last time we were there!  We can barely see the house across the creek now.  YAY!  I bet they're saying the same thing!

The trees in the front have also hidden the house a little.  When we chose the spot the house is sitting, we wanted to keep some bigger trees in front of it so that people driving by could see the house but not well.  We ended up losing more trees than we planned on and it has seemed way too open all winter.  Not so much any more.  I like that I can be in front of the house and unless someone is really trying they won't be able to see me.  

Paul said we should have shingles in a couple weeks and windows too.  We had to pick both of those out this week as well as the front door.  Those weren't hard because we knew exactly what we wanted for the door and windows and there's not much to consider with shingles.

No comments:

Post a Comment